Wednesday, June 25, 2008

From Frumpy to Fashionable: Undergarments

It may not be a well-known fact, but the following piece of information is, indeed, a cold, hard fact: Your undergarments do matter. Sure, you may say, nobody but me is going to see them! Who cares?!
The fact of the matter is, my friend, that not only can nice undergarments make you feel prettier, they make your clothes look better! (And by not wearing any undergarments, you run the risk of looking like an Americal Apparel model.) For instance, the right size bra will make your shirts fit you nicer, and the correct underwear insures that you avoid the dreaded VPL. Case in point? Today, after our tanning session, my mom surprised me with a trip to Kohl's. (I got the cutest winter jacket ever - for $12!) I decided to try on a few tops, however...I was in my swimsuit. I quickly learned that there was no way to tell how the shirt would fit me once I was wearing the proper undergarment, so no tops for me. (Only one fabulous coat!)
Plus, pretty underthings make you feel, well, pretty! And the plus side is, they don't have to cost an arm and a leg! I recently threw out all of my ill-fitting undergarments and holey socks, and bought entirely new ones! My favorites included the Fruit of the Loom Incredible Push-Up Bra and Hanes For Her bikini panties. (The FOTL come in sets, as well, so you can match!)I feel so much prettier with my new items, and I feel like my clothes fit me better! Now that I know the power of pretty, proper underthings, I'm always on the look for pretty thing on the cheap! (Right now, I'm looking at Charlotte Russe's bras - does anybody know about the quality?)



(images courtesy walmart.com)


0 comments: